Role Title: Senior Accountant
The Senior Accountant will play a pivotal role in the overall accounting function of the organization. The candidate will be responsible for managing the accounting operations, preparing financial statements and reports, ensuring compliance with applicable accounting standards and tax regulations, and advising the management team on financial matters.
- Oversee the accounting function of the organization, ensuring that all accounting operations are carried out in line with industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and reports, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements. Ensure that the statements are accurate, complete, and timely.
- Manage the day-to-day accounting operations, including accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Review and oversee the preparation of account reconciliations and ensure that the accounts are reconciled accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with the management team to develop and implement financial policies and procedures that ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and manage cash flow, including preparing cash forecasts and ensuring that the organization has sufficient cash to meet its obligations.
- Ensure that the organization stays up-to-date with tax regulations and that all tax returns are filed accurately and on time.
- Provide financial advice to the management team, including recommendations on budgeting, forecasting, and cost optimization.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff in the accounting department, ensuring that they have the necessary skills and knowledge to perform their roles effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field.
- Full ACCA/ CIS or CIMA will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3 years experience in accounting, with at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and regulations, including GAAP, IFRS, and local tax regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to communicate complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.
- Proficiency in accounting software, such as Pastel.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
How to Apply
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com